Saturday, July 7, 2012
Practice, Practice, Practice.
So I took a little break from signing after school let out to give my arthritis a break and work on getting my wrist in proper condition. Then I started doing small bits of signing here and there; especially when I don't want to be understood. but I find signing and talking at the same time among people hear becomes frustrating to them because even if I'm talking it's been compared to watching a fly above someones head while they are trying to keep eye contact with them. My favorite is in the supermarket show Mom some signs to different foods and if I am ordering deli meet the guy will talk slower to me and over use his mouth muscles like it will help me understand. They look really embarrassed when I tell them I can hear and corrected them on what they should not do when they are confronted with sign again, and when my Mother gets her say I just walk away and let her finish. But now I need to steep up and review a lot and really just keep pushing and signing and looking up new signs related to camp in my dictionary...The final countdown starts now...lets do this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment